Job: Photography Studio Lead
We have a vacancy for an experienced and talented Photography Studio Lead and with a passion for interiors, who has high technical ability in both photography and retouching.
The primary responsibility of this role as a photographer is to lead pre-production planning, product sourcing, room set design, production and post-production of photographic images to generate creative assets for use in paid social media campaigns.
The persons appointed should be a master of light, form and colour, and have a strong interiors editorial, ecommerce, product and advertising related portfolio, which shows evidence of a strong natural eye for detail, composition and technical ability. You will have excellent communication and people skills. You would be expected to work autonomously at times against agreed briefs and pursue the tasks through to completion.
You will be working on creating the perfect bedroom studio sets to showcase our beautiful bed linen & accessories, but other duties can involve working with interactive media or video, so you should have a natural interest in all things creative.
We are Europes fastest-growing bed linen brand, with unrivalled ambition and require a passionate, motivated and ambitious individual to join our dynamic, talented team. The person appointed will have a strong passion and experience in creative production, particularly for social media (Instagram), with 2 or more years of experience in photography and within a similar creative agency or ecommerce business.
You will work directly with the Co-Founders, and the vacancy represents a strong career development opportunity for a hard-working and ambitious individual to learn and grow within a fast-moving progressive company.
Main tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creative review and concept creation
- Leading pre-production planning and set up of photographic and possibly video shoots
- Leading photographic and possibly video shoots
- Uploading/downloading images from our server and maintaining an organised file structure
- Perform quality control checks on images
- Retouching creative images showing technical and creative initiative of how to arrive at the required quality level
- Accurately follow retouching notes provided by creative director
- Support the management of the production process and day-to-day operations
- Quality Assurance and management of post-production of imagery (photography, and possibly; video, 360 spins and bespoke creative media) ensuring that high-quality standards are maintained
- Image editing and colour check/match images with products ensuring consistent colour accuracy
Other possible duties
- Collaborate with the creative director to produce marketing material for social media ads.
- Strong portfolio of fashion or interiors editorial, ecommerce, product and advertising photography
- Must have exceptional attention to detail and have a natural creative flair
- Excellent technical ability with lighting and camera
- Ability to dissect images and understand the elements that make it “work”
- Ability to take initiative and work calmly under pressure
- Confident communicator
- High technical and creative proficiency
- Must be a completer-finisher, diligent and very well organised
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an ability to change priorities quickly and accept change with a positive attitude
- Ability to maintain a high quality of work whilst working in a fast paced environment
- Must have a strong work ethic and willingness to meet deadlines
- Design, Photography or Media related academic background
- eCommerce Photography: 1 year (Preferred)
- eCommerce photography studio or creative agency: 1 year (Preferred)
- creative Photography experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- creative and high-end retouching: 1 year (Preferred)
- eCommerce image retouching: 1 year (Preferred)
Salary: £22-28k per annum (depending on experience)
Apply: Please send your cover letter, portfolio & CV to the following address.